Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Salads And Smoothies

I have decided that I could eat salads and smoothies for the rest of my life and be perfectly content. I have been taking a nutrition class and every week I learn more about food and I am concerned. Last week we watched a video of an unhealthy patient getting his blood drawn and the visual results were both surprising and disgusting. The blood had visible fat, which you could see in the vile that had separated itself from the blood, rising to the top of the vile. Later, they showed an open-heart surgery in which the doctors were able to pull sausage-like strands of fat from the arteries of the patient. The patient in question had a largely fast food diet. All of that was enough for me to decide to limit my burger and fry intake and start consuming more leafy greens and fruits. Let's see how long I can keep this going.


Geolocate this post.



Posted with LifeCast


No comments:

Post a Comment